JAZZ AND BLUES QUIZ
1. Check 3 African American Female Blues and/or Jazz Singers:
2. Match the performer with the Title:
a. "Lady Day"
b. "Empress of the Blues"
c. "Mother of the Blues"
e. "First Lady of Song"
____Gertrude "Ma" Rainey
3. "The Lady Who Swings The Band" is:
____Mary Lou Williams
4. Check 3 Great African American Trumpeters who played Jazz and Blues:
5. Match the Musician with the Instrument:
Charlie "Bird" Parker
Lil Hardin Armstrong
6. Who composed the lyrics to the song "God Blessed The Child"?
7. Dexter Gordon and Sonny Stitt both played what instrument?
____ Bass Clarinet
____ Tenor Saxophone
8. Charles Mingus and Ron Carter play ____________________.
9. What singer sang with Saxophonist Lester "Prez" Young?
10. Tony Williams, Art Blakey and Lenny White all play
Need the answers?
Email Us at email@example.com